Saturday, January 5, 2013

I could be ready

The days are just whirling by.  Seems like just yesterday, but it has been 7 weeks since my knee replacement surgery.  Silly me!  I had to schedule surgery in the middle of the Christmas selling season so that I would be ready to go to Chicago (by myself) to do a wholesale show!  Our faithful assistant Mary Jane has been making chimes (shipped them last week.  I have been making table skirts and packing office supplies (will ship on Monday), all while trying to manage my pain medication to a reasonable level so I can function, not fall asleep, not be in too much pain, and be friendly to the customers.  Not too much to ask now, is it?  If I could just manage not to need a nap around 2PM, everything would be perfect!

We always think we are going to catch up and get so much work done in January and February because it is a slow time for sales, but it never happens.  We are appearing at 3 different wholesale shows and a retail flower show the first 2 months of this year.  And I wonder why I never have time to create new items.  My goal for this year is to set aside time to work on new items.

For anyone looking for encouragement and inspiration to get their creative juices flowing, I recommend following Tonya Davidson.  "Tonya Davidson is an expert art technique teacher, author, speaker, successful entrepreneur and mentor to those willing to take action. She is a master at teaching other Entrepreneurs how to: eliminate overwhelm, understand the ins and outs of business, format a strategy and implement marketing tactics to create a successful core business plan."

You can find her on twitter - @tonyadavidson
Website:  http://www.tonyadavidson.com
 
I wish you happy browsing and hope you find some inspiration on Tonya's pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment