Sunday, August 21, 2016

I am normally a woman of few words (just ask my partner), which is why I think I have a problem publishing a blog.  I feel like my actions and works should speak for me. So, on that note, I am going to try something different this time with the blog.  It will be more pictures!  Pictures of my work, playing with new supplies, things that interest me, and things that I think will interest others.

As many of you know, I create jewelry out of vintage, re-purposed silver plate.   I will be sharing things I have made and new items I am still working the kinks out of.

First up is a custom order that I just completed.  A customer who had purchased several of my standard, in stock pieces brought me 12 sterling silver drink stirrers.  She asked me what I thought I could do with them.  After a few minutes of contemplation I came up with a design that she was thrilled with.  There were to be 4 necklaces, each with 3 hearts to be given to family members.  This was in April.  Shortly after her visit, my muse left me.  I was confused as to how to actually achieve the desired results.

Thank goodness the customer was very patient with me.  All of a sudden in July, my muse re-appeared and everything came together.

After


Each necklace has a one of a kind, handmade bead making each necklace unique.  The customer was thrilled and said they were worth the wait.  Her mother was amazed at the transformation from stir sticks to jewelry.

Before

No comments:

Post a Comment